Sunday, November 29, 2009

Poker player? Or Roller Coaster Entusiast?

Well.

Poker is an interesting game. You can make every right move and at times, the result won't come out right. Not then at least. Like I've said in my past blogs, variance is mathematically there for a reason, and there is no way around it, but boy there are some times when you wish there are.

Lets look at my last two sessions (By the way, once I get some more time and learn a bit more about this blogging thing, Im gonna have graphs and pictures and stuff up, I got some great advice from the blogging queen and my friend Jenn at prommafia.com, go check her out if you are or know any teenage girls. Shes a wonderful writer.)

So, Friday the 27th, 20 games played, 3 cashes, 2 final tables, 1 third place, 1 1st place. A wonderful wonderful run, and a + 57 Buy in rate for the day (I currently play at 2 dollar stakes, so a +57 buy in day would equal to about 114 dollars) I made that in about 3 hours, so quite a good hourly rate.

Contrast that with today. Having some alone time, I was able to put in about 10 hours of play. 1 cash, zero final tables. Overall -44 buy in rate for the day. All the goodwill for the first day goes out the window. so in 13 hours of play, I made 13 buy ins, or about 2 bucks an hour :(

Not discouraged though, I made a lot of good plays today, and can count on two hands the number of mistakes I feel I made (I may have made more, but I will need to do some hand history review to really see if I did or not). As long as I am making the right play, the discouragement is not there, and I will continue to be happy with my progress.

That's all for now, the bed beckons, and I'm actually gonna get a good night's sleep. I could stay and play another couple of hours, but sometimes, when the cards aren't hitting, giving them a night off to heat up isn't a terrible idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment