Monday, November 30, 2009

Riding the Coaster: Part Deux

Last Time on Master3004: Pro poker player, our hero was in the dumps after a negative 44 buy-in day. Did he cry about it? Drop his chin and say he wasn't made for this? Curse the poker gods and bitch and moan? Of course not, that's not what our hero does in the face of adversity. He gets back on the horse and he rides all the way to the top.

2

Ok, so back on top may be a little bit of hyperbole, but that is a win that capped off a wonderful 4 hour session. 11 games, 3 cashes, 2 final tables, 1 tenth place, 1 third place, 1 first. All in all, 4 hours, and a yummy yummy +66 buy-in day.

I don't want this blog to be about variance every time, so let me get this out, regardless of how down I get, variance balances out, and in a very interesting way. It took me 4 hours of positive variance to more than make up for the nearly 12 hours of negative variance that came the day prior. No matter how bad you may run at times, all it takes is a little bit to the positive to even all out plus.

So that finishes up my first two weeks on the poker tables. This is the most consistent I have ever been in the game, and I feel like I'm getting better every time I sit down. Off to bed for now. Tomorrow, goals for December.

No comments:

Post a Comment